Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Frostgrave Werewolf, Rats, & Hyena (part 1)

I decided for my next project I wanted another simple, quick, no fuss couple of minis that I could fairly mindlessly paint up. Digging through my box of goodies, I came across my bag of frostgrave minis... A werewolf, hyena, and a couple of rats. That's nice and easy...



So I cleaned up their flashing and moldlines, and glued them to bases...


That's... Not good. Looks like he's on some sort of surfboard... But he doesn't really look good on a 2" base either.

Well, if I trim off the edges maybe... no... Okay, maybe if I build up the base, put him at an angle, no... maybe if I trim him completely off the surfboard? Okay, and bend the leg...



Okay, now I need to pin him...

And add some weight to the base, cause he's tipping over...



Suddenly my simple project ended up having a fairly complicated base.



But it does look like 100% better!



The rats and hyena weren't nearly as much effort.



Primed with some Stynylrez airbrush primer that I got in my swag bag from ReaperCon.



I then washed the werewolf with sepia wash, ans painted the rats with Ruddy flesh. And that's where I stopped for the night.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.